Sunday, June 19, 2011

Ode to our Dads

Openning jars that are sealed too tight,
Keeping the boogeyman out of sight. 

Picking me up when I skin my knee,
Cheering me on as I climb the tree.

Helping with homework and ABC's,
Mowing the grass, you did with such ease.

You could fix my bike or roller skate,
You stayed up all night when I was late.

Home was safe and love was always there,
Each night in my bed you'd say a prayer.

Many a time, you taught me great things,
Like do your best whatever life brings.

Where would we be, if it weren't for you,
Thank you so much for all that you do.

There's one last thing we would like to say,
God bless our Dads on this Father's Day!

1 comment:

  1. im pretty sure its not the boogey man.... its Mr. Cool :)


    ~hannah elisabeth needham <3

    ReplyDelete